Tony’s Chocolonely wants to make all chocolate 100% slave free. Not just our chocolate, but all chocolate worldwide. Not exactly the average company, right?
Instead a chocolate company whose primary goal is to resolve a social issue in the world. In 2005, Tony’s Chocolonely was founded by journalists of the Dutch TV-program “Food Unwrapped” when they discovered that the large chocolate manufacturers used cocoa from farms with children slaves at work. Since then, we have grown to be the number 1 chocolate brand in the Netherlands. Tony’s Chocolonely wants to make people aware of the inequality in the chocolate industry, set the example that chocolate can be made differently and inspire the chocolate industry to make 100% slave free cocoa the norm in chocolate.
We are looking for a new Store Manager (Store Captain) to join our team in Amsterdam! Your #1 goal is to create an attractive and impactful environment in two of our Tony’s Stores, so the store team can give our customers (choco fans) the best retail experience they’ve ever experienced! You get to be the one managing two direct reports (Co-Captains) and inspiring about 25 store employees (Super Stars).
We’re looking for an experienced store manager with a proven track record in increasing store revenues and running a profitable business with a P&L responsibility. Your expertise will help us building an effective and engaged team and raise the bar in operational excellence. You will manage our own Tony’s store in the center of Amsterdam (De Beurs van Berlage) and our newest store at Schiphol Airport. You will be part of the team Experience and directly report to the E-Commerce and Direct Sales Lead. This is a fantastic opportunity for a retail professional who wants to take a lead on building a revolutionary customer experience and making serious impact in the chocolate industry!
What you will do:
- Create an attractive, fun, safe, and efficient work environment where the Store team can perform in the best way possible. You will be the one building, motivating, and coaching the Store team, and setting priorities.
- Increase profitability by creating and executing a plan to drive more sales, including training and coaching of the team, monitoring and analyzing sales results, and creating long-term financial forecasting and strategic growth plans.
- Create a unique instore flow that brings across Tony’s mission and delivers an unforgettable Tony’s brand experience. You make sure that the customers can hear and learn about our mission in an impactful way, enjoy tasting experiences to try our new innovations, and share their experiences afterwards in social media.
- Make sure that the stores run as smoothly as possible, while continuously seeking for impactful improvements. You will support the Co-Captains in managing the inventory forecast and planning. You are the main point of contact for De Beurs van Berlage location, and you collaborate with the fellow Tony who is responsible for our Schiphol client.
- Experience in building and managing high performing retail store teams in the Netherlands. Leading by example and gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Expertise in increasing sales and profitability by creating effective and innovative instore strategies. Experience in building solid customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions that exceed expectations.
- Fluent language skills in Dutch and English to be able to communicate with the international store team and local customers.
- You’re keen to work 5 days per week from our store locations, with flexibility to be available in the evenings and weekends.
- Raise the bar. Challenge yourself and team Tony’s to increase our ambition and to accomplish our mission. Make mistakes along the way and learn from them.
- Believe wholeheartedly in Tony’s mission. You live our core values: outspoken, willful, entrepreneurial and makes you smile.
What do we offer?
- An enthusiastic team of friendly, driven colleagues with a lot of love for our mission and Tony’s Chocolonely.
- An inspirational and fast-growing international work environment in which you can show that things can be done differently.
- Awesome store locations in Amsterdam (centre and Schiphol Airport)
- We take your development very seriously and have annual personal training budgets.
- Working out during working hours; that keeps you sharp, so we are all in! And your sports outfit is on us, of course.
- A minimum of 28 vacation days per year. More is fine, too!
- Yoga lessons, massages, and a long list of other benefits.
- We all work hard and have fun. Loads and loads of fun! Because we looooooooooooooove having fun at work. Don’t get us wrong, we know how to work our socks off too.
- And of course, lotssss of chocolate!
Sounds like you?
Are you passionate about making a difference in the world? Look no further! If you're ready to take the chocolate industry to new heights with us, we'd love to hear from you! Please send your direct application, no agencies. We can't wait to hear from you!
Everybody is welcome to apply. From classics to limited editions, we know that different flavors make life more inspiring. And not just in our chocolate assortment. At Tony’s, we welcome everyone with equal enthusiasm – regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, nationality, disability or veteran status. Crazy about chocolate, serious about people.